Tip #23: Offer up something painful or difficult in your life
A lesson from my grandma, God rest her soul.
By Jennifer Rey – OSV Daily Take, 12/13/2012
Read entire post.
I’m going to Mass and confession tonight :) Gonna start the first five Saturdays devotion: http://www.rosary-center.org/firstsat.htm
1. Every year the parents of Jesus went to Jerusalem for the Passover. When he was twelve they went up for the feast as usual (Lk 2:41, 42).
2. As they were returning from the feast, the boy Jesus remained in Jerusalem unknown to them (Lk 2:43).
3. Presuming he was in the caravan, they went a day’s journey looking for him among their relatives and friends. Not finding him, they returned to Jerusalem (Lk 2:44, 45).
4. After three days they found him among the teachers, listening to them and questioning them. All were amazed (Lk 2:47, 48).
5. Seeing him, his mother said, “Son, why have you done this to us? Your father and I have anxiously sought you” (Lk 2:48).
6. He said to them, “…did you not know I had to be about my Father’s affairs?” But they did not understand (Lk 2:49, 50).
7. O God, you are my God—for you I long! For you my body yearns; for you my soul thirsts, like a land parched, lifeless, and without water (Ps 63:2).
8. My son, when you come to serve the LORD, prepare yourself for trials… Cling to him, forsake him not (Sir 2:1, 3).
9. Look to yourselves that you may not lose what you have worked for, but may receive a full reward (2 Jn 1:8).
10. Seek the Lord while he may be found, call him while he is near (Is. 55:6).
Our Lady of the Rosary and St Dominic in the Dominican church in Palermo, Sicily.